Mysterious Rome. Private Tour
The “Bone Chapel”, Catacombs and St. Clemente excavations.
The tour of mysteries begins in the area of St. Clemente Basilica where you will descend into the two underground levels with our guide to discover the ancient ruins: a pagan temple, an imperial mint and an early Christian basilica. Travelling in an air-conditioned car, you will go to the Catacombs of Priscilla first, to admire the tombs of the first Christian community, and to the “Bone Chapel” then. A unique and intriguing place entirely decorated with the bones of 4000 skeletons of the Capuchin monks!
Highlights and features
- Enjoy a 3-hour private tour with your guide to unveil the mysterious side of Rome
- Visit the two underground levels of St. Clemente Basilica
- Enter the largest Catacombs of Rome: Priscilla’s Catacombs
- Visit the “Bone Chapel”
- All transfers are made in a private air-conditioned car with driver
- Your own dedicated expert and licensed tour guide
- All tickets and reservation fees
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
Dates and Meeting Point
Language: English, French, Spanish, German
When: Every day
Meeting Point: St. Clemente Basilica
Itinerary and duration
Duration: 3 hours
1 pax € 614.00,
2 pax € 323.00 each,
3 pax € 227.00 each,
4 pax € 181.00 each,
5 pax € 155.00 each,
6 pax € 137.00 each,
7 pax € 124.00 each
- Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- No backpacks, big handbags, or big umbrellas are allowed. Please leave all large items at the hotel!
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcohol and spray cans.
Ghost tour Our guide was such a good story teller and he was very knowledgable. It was super fun to get to know a different side of Rome. Highly recommend it!!Anna-Felicitas
Caravaggio theatrical tour The idea of alternating the explanation of the guide with scenes performed by actors is brilliant! Thanks to the incredible guide and the amazing cast of actors you get fully immersed in the reality and life of the character. I will definetely enjoy other tours and activities!Anne S.
Wonderful tour and tour guide! We did the walking tour with underground Rome. It was a great experience and our guide, Fabiola, was great. She was a wealth of information and made everything interesting and easy to understand. Would highly recommend !LakeMartin4
Fascinating I wanted to celebrate the anniversary with my husband in an unconventional way and I've decided to book the Michelangelo tour: brilliant actors, well prepared guide and very interesting and original itinerary. A fantastic experience! A cultural immersion for the soul!Lullu11
Fascinating private tour of catacombs Wonderful, knowledgeable, enthusiastic guide who made the whole place come to life (if that’s not a funny thing to say about a burial ground!). A really informative and unusual look at a part of Ancient Rome.Catherine
Very good! My experience was very good..very friendy stuff, professionals too and kind, they expained me all the does and don'ts around Rome,my scooter a kymco agility 125cc was in a perfect condition,reasonable price so I highly recomend this tour!Maria Gkouskou
Need more information?
Rome for Kids