Rome in a Day. Colosseum and Vatican Museum
A full day dedicated to discovering Rome with our guide and driver. The day begins with skip-the-line access to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. After some free time for lunch, wih the skip-the-line visit the Colosseum where you can admire the first and second levels while listening to its history and that of the gladiators. Then walk through the Roman Forum and admire its ancient buildings.
Highlights and features
- Enter the Colosseum with skip-the-line access and admire the first and second levels while listening to its history and that of the gladiators.
- Learn all about the gladiators and the emperors who decided their fates
- Walk around the first and second tiers of the Colosseum, listen to its history from your guide
- See top Roman Forum attractions: walking alone Via Sacre, The Temple of Julius Caesar, the House of the Vestal
- Optimize your time travelling by private air-conditioned car
- Enjoy some free time to stroll through the streets of Rome
- Enter the Vatican Museums with skip-the-line priority access
- Two-hour guided tour to see top Vatican attractions and admire the magnificent Sistine Chapel and the masterpieces of St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip-the-line access to Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica
- All tickets and reservation fees
- Your own dedicated expert and licensed tour guide
- All transfers throughout the day in an air-conditioned vehicle
Dates and Meeting Point
Language: English – French – Spanish – German
When: Monday – Tuesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday
Meeting point: At your hotel
Itinerary and duration
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Roman Forum
Duration: 5-hour tour
1 – 2 persons € 808,00,
3 persons € 297.00 each – € 274,00 chd 6-17 y.o.
4 persons € 238,00 each – € 215,00 chd 6-17 y.o
5 persons € 203.00 each – € 180,00 chd 6-17 y.o
6 persons € 179.00 each – € 156,00 chd 6-17 y.o
7 persons € 164.00 – € 141,00 chd 6-17 y.o
From 8 to 14 pax: € 186.00 adults – € 163,00 chd 6-17 y.o.
From 15 to 19 pax: € 127.00 adults – € 104 chd 6-17 y.o. (1 tour guide)
From 20 to 30 pax: € 123.00 adults – € 100 chd 6-17 y.o. (2 tour guides)
From 31 to 40 pax: € 108.00 adults – € 85 chd 6-17 y.o. (3 tour guides)
From 41 to 50 pax: € 92.00 adults – € 69 chd 6-17 y.o. (3 tour guides)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Entrances are strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you
Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum.Please leave all large items at the hotel.
Please note that St Peter’s basilica is an active religious centre and is strongly influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs, we are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from sudden closure of the basilica.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A current valid passport is required on the day of tour (only for under 18 people)
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security. A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Fascinating I wanted to celebrate the anniversary with my husband in an unconventional way and I've decided to book the Michelangelo tour: brilliant actors, well prepared guide and very interesting and original itinerary. A fantastic experience! A cultural immersion for the soul!Lullu11
Unforgettable Rome by night Clever and well organized. The commitment and the professionality of our guide and actors made our experience incredible!Pamela
A truly genuine and unique experience! If you want to live a really amazing experience, this agency offers a great choice of tours, especially the one with live theatre. You will see the protagonists of ancient Rome, and other periods of Italian history, come to life in front of you while your private guide explains the history and monuments of the city. My family and I joined a small group and were extremely happy with the wonderful, knowledgeable English-speaking guide and the splendid actors. The pace is very pleasant and we will definitely contact them again in the future to enjoy more of their fantastic and memorable tours!Tina
Funny! We rented a nice 125cc scooter - new and well driving vehicle for a comparably cheap price! Outstanding service and really nice people who explain you the specialties of driving in Rome (no go areas, where to park etc.) would always rent a vehicle there again! Traffic in Rome is crazy, but fun for drivers that tried driving in similar cities - beginners should think twice or need a big set of balls.Julius Born
Wonderful tour and tour guide! We did the walking tour with underground Rome. It was a great experience and our guide, Fabiola, was great. She was a wealth of information and made everything interesting and easy to understand. Would highly recommend !LakeMartin4
Need more information?
Rome for Kids