Rome in 1 day guided tour Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica early skip-the-line access, mini riverboat cruise on Tiber, Jewish “Ghetto”, Roman Forum and Colosseum with skip-the-line.
Including Italian breakfast and 3-course Roman lunch.
With our licensed guide get to know all of Rome’s wonders in a single day, with a rich and fascinating programme lasting 7 hours, including a lunch break. The morning is dedicated to visiting the Vatican Museums. We have access, without queueing, at 8.10 am, before normal public opening hours, after a typical Italian breakfast with cornetto and cappuccino.
We begin at the Belvedere Terrace, to admire the Dome of St Peter Basilica, then we proceed to see the celebrated Laocoön and His Sons and the Belvedere Torso. We stroll through all the Galleries arriving, finally, in the place painted by Michelangelo, where the Conclave elects a new Pope: the Sistine Chapel. After we make our way directly to St Peter’s Basilica to enjoy the grandeur of the world’s most important basilica with its wonders like Michelangelo’s Pieta.
Leaving the Vatican City, we board our boat for a fantastic mini-cruise along the Tiber, with a 3-course roman lunch, and after admiring the city’s beauties from the boat, we disembark at the Isola Tiberina. From here we walk through the Jewish Ghetto before moving leisurely on towards the Roman Forum, where our guide unveils for you the ancient square, the Basilicae, the site of Julius Caesar’s cremation, the Temples and the Triumphal arches. After the Roman Forum we enter the Colosseum to visit it: the world famous landmark.
An optional is offered in lieu of the after lunch walk (private tours)
Instead of Roman Forum and the Colosseum, the alternative route is:
Piazza Venezia – Fontana di Trevi – Via del Corso – Pantheon – Piazza Navona
€ 174.00 Adults
€ 165.00 Under 18
€ 39.00 Under 4
- Early skip-the-line tickets to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Direct access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Roman Forum and Colosseum
- River cruise on Tiber
- 3-course Roman lunch cruise
- 1/2 liter bottled water and 1 glass of Italian wine at lunch
- Italian breakfast with cornetto and cappuccino
- Your own dedicated, expert, local and licensed English speaking tour guide (max 25 pax/tour guide)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Departure point& time
near Vatican Museums
Concludes at the Colosseum
Itinerary and duration
- Vatican City: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica and square
- Mini riverboat cruise on the Tiber,
- Jewish “Ghetto”, Roman Forum, Colosseum
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Entrances are strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you
Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum.Please leave all large items at the hotel.
Please note that St Peter’s basilica is an active religious centre and is strongly influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs, we are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from sudden closure of the basilica.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A current valid passport is required on the day of tour (only for under 18 people)
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security. A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Shared tours: English
Private: English / French / Spanish / Italian
Days & Times
Shared english tour: available every Friday at 7.45 am
Private tour: Available from Monday to Saturday (except Wednesday)
Are you an Agency?
Contact us for your group.
You might be interested in