Rome in a Day. Private Extended Full-Day tour
Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Navona Square tour
A full day dedicated to discovering Rome with a personal guide and driver. The day begins with the skip-the-line access to the Colosseum where you can admire the first and second levels while listening to its story and about gladiators. Then, you will walk through the Roman Forum and admire its ancient buildings. See the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the Pantheon… with a private limousine! After some free time for lunch, visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica with skip-the-line access.
Highlights and features
- Enter the Colosseum with skip-the-line access and admire the first and second levels while listening to the story of Colosseum and gladiators.
- Learn all about the gladiators and the emperors who decided their fates
- Walk around the first and second tiers of the Colosseum
- See top Roman Forum attractions: walking alone Via Sacre, The Temple of Julius Caesar, the House of the Vestal
- Optimize your time travelling by private air-conditioned car to visit Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the Pantheon, then to the Vatican Museums.
- Enjoy some free time to stroll through the streets of Rome
- Enter the Vatican Museums with skip-the-line priority access
- Two-hour guided tour to see top Vatican attractions and admire the magnificent Sistine Chapel and the masterpieces of St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip-the-line access to Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica
- All tickets and reservation fees
- Your own dedicated expert and licensed tour guide
- All transfers throughout the day in an air-conditioned vehicle
Dates and Meeting Point
Language: English – French – Spanish – German
When: Monday – Tuesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday
Meeting point: At your hotel
Itinerary and duration
- Roman Forum
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
Duration: 7-hour tour
1 – 2 pax € 1469.00, 3 pax € 501.00 each, 4 pax € 386.00 each, 5 pax € 317,00 each, 6 pax € 268.00 each, 7 pax € 237.00
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Entrances are strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you
Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum.Please leave all large items at the hotel.
Please note that St Peter’s basilica is an active religious centre and is strongly influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs, we are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from sudden closure of the basilica.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A current valid passport is required on the day of tour (only for under 18 people)
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security. A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Need more information?
Rome for Kids